Friday, October 12, 2012


Blog for the week of 10/12/12:

                        The reading this week was about the roll of the gender.  Tuesday’s reading was a summary and argument about the different rolls of the gender. Thursday’s reading was about a little boy who wanted to be a girl and the problem that society has with this confusion along with that of little kids around the globe similar.  I was strongly moved to anger while reading this passage. Especially the part when the little boy (Brandon) told his mother that God has made a mistake by making him a boy.  Let’s get this straight out now. God NEVER makes mistakes. My lord and savior created this universe and everything that exists in it. He made it according to His perfect plan and you cannot tell Him what is right and what is wrong about it. What Brandon needs, along with the other children that have longings to be the opposite gender, is more patience and understanding and some loving discipline. They need parents who know how to be “parents”. They need parents who can persuade them without being too tight, to keep their mind off of the subject of gender and let them figure God’s plan for their lives and accept themselves for who they are as they develop. They have to keep a cool head and a mature heart.  Because of my relationship with God, I accept everything He has given to me and will continue to love and worship Him for that. I also accept me for who I am because of the way God made me. Parents also need to step back and let the child determine his/her destiny.  They should not be making any of their decisions towards something as dramatic and life changing as this. They need a loving discipline, but with a little room for the child to gather their own thoughts and emotions.

3 comments:

  1. I love how much emotion and feeling you put into this piece. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How would you have liked the mother to respond to her child when he claims that God must have made a mistake?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I agree with you that God never makes mistakes, I do not blame Brandon for thinking that as a child. I think it's a logical conclusion for a child to come to if everyone gives him the impression that something is wrong with him.

    ReplyDelete